Gut bacteria play a role in metabolism, appetite and a healthy weight. You can promote a healthy weight by eating the right foods or by directly adding back “lean” bacteria to your digestive tract.
Probiotic is part of LeanBiotics®, a patent-pending, weight management program developed by Dr. David H. Rahm to favorably alter your gut microbiome and support a healthy weight.
LeanBiotics’ Probiotic is formulated with 6 beneficial probiotic species to support a balanced and diverse gut microbiome.†
- Ideally suited for everyday use to naturally boost your microbiome with beneficial bacteria.†
- BIO-tract® Delivery Technology protects the delicate probiotics from stomach acid. Timed-release daily dosing is guaranteed to deliver 12 billion live bacteria throughout your digestive tract.*
- Recent studies have shown that certain strains of L gasseri, L. rhamnosus and B. breve have helped dieters reduce abdominal visceral and subcutaneous fat areas or lose significantly more weight than controls.
- Includes two species of Bifidobacterium (B. infantis, B. lactis) to increase the bacterial diversity in the digestive tract. Bifidobacterium are natural colonizers of the digestive tract and are important in promoting gut health.
- Formulated with 50 mg of inulin per serving to provide optimum synbiotic support.
- Made using LiveBac®, a patented tableting technology which significantly improves extended shelf life for probiotic organisms even without refrigeration.
- For best results, take in combination with LeanBiotics® Cleanse and LeanMeal RS Meal Replacement Drink Mix.
LeanBiotics Probiotic replenishes your gut microbiome to support a healthy weight. To learn more about the dietary and lifestyle steps you can take to maintain a balanced, diverse gut microbiome, check out our Probiotics for Weight Loss page.†
*12 Billion CFUs per day at time of manufacture. Bacteria count will vary after time of manufacture.
Nutrition & Ingredients
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, pectin, stearic acid, sodium carbonate, guar gum, turmeric (color).
BIO-tract® is a registered trademark of Probi USA, Inc.
How to Use
Directions: Take 2 pearls a day with or without food. Our time released technology will deliver beneficial species throughout the day. Each individual is unique and nutritional requirements may vary.
WARNINGS: Do not take if safety seal on bottle is broken. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If you are diabetic, pregnant or breast-feeding, seek advice of your physician before using this product. When first taking this supplement, you may experience slight GI upset. This is normal and should disappear within a few days. Taking this supplement on an empty stomach also helps to alleviate this problem.
CONTAINS: Milk (Contains trace amounts of milk protein from the manufacturing process. The supplement is however suitable for individuals following a lactose-free diet.)
Not manufactured with wheat, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, peanuts or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP-certified facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Storage: Store in cool, dry place.
1. What is the benefit of LeanBiotics Probiotic?
There are over 400 species of gut bacteria, but only a handful have been identified as playing a role in weight management. LeanBiotics Probiotic is intended to both promote the development of “lean” beneficial species and increase bacterial diversity. The formulation includes four bacterial species (B. Breve, L. plantarum, L. rhamnosus, L. gasseri) identified in weight loss studies as having helped human subjects to decrease abdominal fat areas or lose significantly more weight than control groups. Moreover, two species of Bifidobacterium (B. infantis and B. lactis) are included to increase bacterial diversity, in alignment with evidence from studies indicating the microbiomes of overweight and obese individuals have less bacterial diversity. Patented with LiveBac® and BIO-tract® technologies to improve shelf-life and guarantee delivery to the intestines, Probiotic delivers 12 billion live bacteria to the digestive tract to sustain a balanced microbiome.
2. I already take your Probiotic-8 supplement. Can I also take LeanBiotics Probiotic?
Yes. Because Probiotic-8 is a broad-spectrum supplement with different strains of beneficial bacteria from those provided in the LeanBiotics Probiotic, taking both products together can further boost the number and diversity of bacteria in your microbiome.
3. Who should use LeanBiotics Probiotic?
Anyone who is looking to attain and sustain a healthy weight over the long-term can benefit from taking LeanBiotics Probiotic.
4. Who should not use LeanBiotics Probiotic?
Nutritional supplements have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning a weight loss program, particularly diabetics and those with any health issues. Please refer to the Directions section on the product label for more information on warnings and contraindications.
5. LeanBiotics Probiotic provides 12 billion CFUs. What are CFUs? Are more CFUs better?
CFUs, or “colony forming units,” are a measure of how many bacteria are alive and able to divide and form colonies. However, this does not mean necessarily that the more CFUs, the better. To provide any benefit, the bacteria need to survive the acidic stomach fluids to reach the intestines where they reside. Probiotic’s patented BIO-tract® technology not only protects the delicate bacteria from stomach acid but also uses a timed-release formulation to guarantee delivery throughout your digestive tract.
6. LeanBiotics Probiotic is formulated with 3 strains of Bifidobacterium. Why are Bifidobacteria important for digestive health and weight management?
Bifidobacterium is one of the two major groups of beneficial bacteria found in the human digestive tract, residing primarily in the large intestine (colon) where most of the water we ingest from food and beverages is absorbed. Bifidobacteria are natural colonizers of the digestive tract and are important in promoting gut health by increasing vitamin and protein synthesis, inhibiting the development of bad bacteria, stimulating the immune response, and aiding in the digestion and absorption of foods. LeanBiotics Probiotic includes B. infantis and B. lactis to increase bacterial diversity and support digestive health.
7. LeanBiotics Probiotic is formulated with 3 strains of Lactobacillus. Why are Lactobacilli important for digestive health and weight management?
The Lactobacillus group is one of the two most common groups of beneficial bacteria found in the human digestive tract. Lactobacilli reside primarily in the small intestine where nutrients are absorbed. Individuals who are lactose intolerant lack an enzyme called lactase which helps to break down the naturally occurring sugars in dairy products, and this group of bacteria converts lactose to lactase to help reduce the bloating, gas and other discomfort associated with lactose intolerance. Recent studies have shown that certain strains of Lactobacillus have helped dieters reduce abdominal visceral and subcutaneous fat areas or lose significantly more weight than controls. LeanBiotics Probiotic includes the species identified in these studies: L. gasseri, L. plantarum, and L. rhamnosus.
8. LeanBiotics Probiotic is formulated with inulin. What is inulin?
Inulin is a type of prebiotic, or special carbohydrate which is indigestible for humans but is the perfect fuel for the growth and development of beneficial bacteria. Providing inulin ensures that the beneficial bacteria have sufficient nutrients to can grow and multiply.
9. Can I continue to take LeanBiotics Probiotic after I’ve lost weight? For how long?
LeanBiotics Probiotic can be safely taken for as long as you like. Probiotic will continue to benefit you and your microbiome by continually replenishing your beneficial gut bacteria to keep you healthy and balanced.
10. After LeanBiotics Probiotic, what other VitaMedica supplements should I take?
Much will depend on your health, wellness, and weight management goals. But, if you’re looking to maintain a healthy, balanced microbiome over the long-term, continuing with LeanBiotics Probiotic daily and incorporating LeanMeal RS as a meal replacement or a healthy mid-meal snack is ideal. Dr. David H. Rahm, VitaMedica’s founder and medical director, recommends adopting a health-promoting diet rich in fruits, vegetables and high-quality protein and fat sources as the best first step to improving your health and wellness. VitaMedica’s nutraceuticals are designed to help cover any nutrient gaps that may remain, and target specific health objectives. Healthy Skin Formula and Clear Skin Formula provide nutrients to banish blemishes from the inside out and promote a clear complexion. Anti-Aging Formula, our most popular product, includes our high-quality Multi-Vitamin & Mineral plus our Phyto-5 Phytonutrient Complex and organic flax seed oil in 30 convenient daily packs.
Have additional questions?
Our US-based wellness advisors are here for you Monday–Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm PST.
Call 888.367.8605 or email email@example.com
Probiotic Pearl Reviews
- Promotes Naturally Healthy Skin & a Clear Complexion†$28.00
- Look & Feel Your Best at Every Age$46.00
- Supports Bone Strength & Density†$24.00
- Supports Mental Clarity & Energy Levels†$24.00
- Supports Healthy Sleep Cycle & Immune System†$20.00
- Helps Cover Nutritional Gaps in Your Diet$26.00
- Supports Healthy Hair, Skin, Nails & Joints†$45.00
- Supports Enzyme & Immune Function†$13.00
- Our Most Comprehensive Recovery Kit$114.00
- Supports Joint Health & Mobility†$38.00